Geologists, mining engineers and metallurgists manage huge volumes of spatial and non-spatial data during the exploration, infrastructure development and production stages of a mine. The information comes in various formats and has different quality and semantic content.
Our solutions are purpose built for mining companies and provide information and analytical support for exploration, construction, and mining processes. Mine Advisor is comprised of components to support all stages in mine planning and operations.
Mine Advisor is a decision support system – a working environment for geologists and mining engineers who want to view the project’s big picture while maintaining a focus on detail.
A multi-tier architecture, Mine Advisor has separate and distinct backend, data access tools and presentation layers. Our solution is enterprise-grade: virtualizing the physical location of the data layer and the ability to manipulate massive datasets. Our architecture allows us to develop a versatile set of tools to customize your mining and geology solution.
Mine Advisor operates with data co-located with the application however, alternative solutions are available on customer request.
Mine Advisor, when used in combination with other Sight Power solutions and their associated tools such as Shaft Builder and Shaft Inspector, is a robust application for mining and geological organizations.
Mine Advisor includes the following central features:
- Powerful cross-section builder (2D and 3D)
- Fence builder
- vVolume rendering
- Cross-layer measurement
- Resource evaluation with variable cut-offs
Borehole database support
- Extended analytical capabilities for geological and geotechnical, downhole geophysics and core log data
- Virtual borehole concept: modeling of the rock mass properties for any planned boreholes or mine shafts
Time-dependent model visualization:
- Dynamic visualization of time-based non-stationary models
- Powerful layout and report builder
- Export to most standard spatial data formats
Mine Advisor provides advanced geological and geophysical simulation and modeling features:
- Construction of high-resolution probabilistic geological block and layer models built on the drillhole core log data and/or seismic data
- Construction of high-resolution probabilistic block and layer-models of geophysical parameters built on the drillhole log data and core log data
- Advanced statistical analysis of spatial data
- Time-to depth geophysical conversions
- Predictive resource evaluation
- Feature extraction from high-res underground seismic and/or block-models
Mine Advisor can be also equipped with the following mineral-specific geological simulation and modeling tools:
Underground tabular deposits (potash and coal)
- 3D-spatial topological mine models
- Flooding and ventilation models for underground mines
- Resource models with additional constraints and interchangeable conditions
- Interactive modeling of bulk sampling for kimberlitic pipes
- Modeling of ancient, buried paleo-surfaces and diamond “trap” locations for alluvial diamond deposits
Thin seams deposits (coal-bed methane)
- Thin layer high resolution modeling
- Drilling optimization projections
The Sight Power team will work with customers to deliver custom solutions to meet their specifications.